Starting out as a food commissary, Muffin Town was founded in 1978, with a vision to create a bakery commissary that would supply foodservice and retail companies (schools, healthcare, supermarkets) with a consistent, quality baked product. As our company continues to grow its product offerings, the opportunity for career growth has increased.
Lawrence & Chelsea, MA. Job Openings
Manage daily activities on the production floor. The Production Manager is responsible for all Shift Supervisors and their subordinates. He/she needs to be very hands-on and able to delegate responsibility. He/she answers directly to the Plant Manager
- Manage and schedule all production employees
- Manage production and throughput of product
- Oversee the management of the plant in a sanitary and safe manner
- Assist in ordering of raw materials.
- Manage all shift supervisors
- Assist in minimizing downtime by working with Supervisors/Managers and maintenance staff.
- Oversee daily production and sanitation records.
- Oversee all issues related to product quality
- Oversee daily food safety and food security procedures
- Implement training to ensure personnel are competent to carry out functions related to product safety, legality and quality.
- Must be able to work weekends, when needed.
Member of an upper-management team that is responsible for solving all major company decisions. Meet with all managers on a monthly basis to discuss facility problems. A member of the Food Safety Committee, HACCP, SQF team.
- 2-3 year’s production bakery manufacturing experience
- HACCP certified
- Solid organization skills with driven work ethic
- Troubleshooting skills
- Computer skills
- Knowledge of plant efficiencies & throughput
- Excellent people skills
- Bi-lingual a plus but not required
Annual training in GMP procedures, Safety, Food Safety, Food Security, Allergens, HACCP, Sanitation and Hygiene
Job Type: Full-time
The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for developing, administering and maintaining applicable Food Safety Programs & Policies; implementation and continuous improvement of Food Safety focused on programs including but not limited to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’S), SQF Food Safety and Quality Systems and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP).
Position reports to the Vice President of Operations.
- Implement, maintain and improve SQF (Safe Quality Food) program and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices);
- Ensures all products are packaged in a safe, quality manner;
- Performs daily finished good quality inspections;
- Performs GMP audits and ensures compliance;
- Performs internal quality audits;
- Coordinate third party audits;
- Develop SQF Procedures;
- Train employees on SQF procedures;
- Validate SQF procedures;
- Evaluate food safety concerns in facility(s) and implement programs to eliminate hazards.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years practical experience in Food Safety and Quality Management in the Food Manufacturing Industry.
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) and SQF Certification required.
- BS degree desired but not required
- Must have the demonstrated ability to:
- Identify and assess potential food safety hazards and quality defects;
- Effectively train essential Plant Employees in HACCP principles and SQF principles.
Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $90,000.00 /year
- Quality Assurance: 5 years (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- Waiting period may apply
Chelsea and Lawrence, MA.Facilities
Tradition & Experience
The development of J.S.B Industries as a one stop baking manufacturing company is an amazing success story; built on 30 years of hard work, integrity and a “customer first mentality” started by Jack Anderson, company president, founder, and chief executive officer.
Starting out as a food commissary, J.S.B. Industries has developed into a national baking manufacturing company and is home to Muffin Town, Aesops Bagels, Smart Choice Whole grain baked goods, and Madeline’s Gourmet Cookies.
JSB Industries is currently hiring for all shifts, Bakers, Packers and Sanitation Staff. Please visit our website at www.muffintown.com or in person at 130 Crescent Avenue, Chelsea, MA – Monday through Friday – 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Based on position
- This is a full time position — 40.0 hours per week, medical and dental benefit package are available after qualified waiting period
- Currently hiring for all shifts – Sunday through Saturday, first, second, overnight shift
- No relocation expenses paid by Company – Local Candidates Only
- References must be provided on Request
Great opportunity for an experienced person to enter into the field of Industrial Mechanics in a good manufacturing environment. We are a leading snack and healthy alternative food manufacturer in Lawrence, MA with a modern facility that is currently experiencing aggressive expansion and upgrades. We offer training along with overtime opportunities and the ability to enter this exciting field. Competitive Salary and Benefits based on experience with the opportunity for review.
Qualified candidate will be responsible for maintaining shop equipment and various tasks involving electrical, plumbing, and machine repair. This position may involve lifting up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
Job Responsibilities includes:
- Assist in performing preventative and urgent maintenance of production machinery and equipment;
- Assist in performing routing maintenance of production machines and equipment;
- Perform building maintenance as needed;
- Regularly Clean and Lubricate machinery;
- Regularly inspect plant equipment and moving parts;
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts;
- Maintain clean and organized work area;
- Knowledge of welding, plumbing and pneumatic;
- Knowledge of refrigeration equipment – maintenance and repair;
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and blueprints;
- Working knowledge of three phase motors, programmable controls, circuits, computer interfaces and National Electrical Code;
- Perform electrical trouble shooting up to 480 volts;
- Minimum of 5 years of industrial experience in electrical or mechanical support functions.
- Must be knowledgeable of OSHA Safety Requirements, especially those related to electrical and mechanical operations and components.
* High School Diploma/equivalent or completion of technical school or equivalent in training, experience and education.
* English/Spanish bilingual is a plus.
* Medical and Dental Plans are available – Paid Holidays and Vacation Time after waiting period.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- electrical: 3 years (Preferred)
- Maintenance Mechanic: 4 years (Preferred)
- English/Spanish (Preferred)