The Inventory Control Specialist will be responsible for the accuracy of the inventory at JSB Industries, Inc., a bakery manufacturing company located in both Chelsea, MA and Lawrence, MA. The Inventory Control Specialist will be responsible for inventory counts, policies, procedures, rotation and dating, training, slotting, and overall implementation of the operations component of the Warehouse Management System (WMS). The integrity of the inventory in the ERP system is the responsibility of the Inventory Control Specialist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains accurate inventory counts in the ERP system.
- Performs cycle counts and makes appropriate adjustments. Ensures that all product is rotated, and that short-coded product is identified and handled before it goes out of date.
- Maintains accurate accounting for all shrink and damage.
- Ensures that all inventory policies and procedures are followed in receiving, selecting and shipping product.
- Makes recommendations to improve inventory handling and shrink.
- Works with Buying, Sales, Accounting and IT regarding inventory information needs.
- WMS–The Inventory Control Specialist will be responsible for:
- Working as the “point person” in the warehouse working with IT and Accounting to relaunch the WMS.
- Responsible for implementing inventory control processes and procedures to ensure effective use of the WMS.
- Responsible for training warehouse staff in conjunction with an implementation team.
- Works with a team to develop good slotting, storage and let-down locations and protocols.
- Responsible for the overall operation of the WMS.
- Responsible for compliance with all inventory control processes and procedures.
- Responsible for ongoing training of warehouse staff.
- Responsible for continuous process improvement.
- Responsible for compliance with slotting, storage and let-down protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position must be able to get results through influence as compared to direct line authority with both peers and front-line workers. The position will coordinate with outside contractors/consultants on an as-needed basis.
This role will report into the Plant Manager and be responsible for both our Chelsea, MA plant and Lawrence, MA plant.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Inventory Control Specialist will be required to spend long hours on their feet to perform the job.
Education and/or Experience
Previous experience in Inventory Control and MS-Dynamics-Navision (ERP System) is required.
Job Type: Full-time Pay
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• Monday to Friday